Friday, September 2, 2011

What Do You Eat (Or Drink) While Writing?


I see this question everywhere lately. Writers nosh on donuts, coffee, specific candies, fast food, and countless other specific foods that put them in the writing zone.

Maybe it's a habit. Maybe their best seller was written while they nibbled on Cheeto's or ate bags of Snickers candy bars. Maybe it is considered a good luck charm.

I might bring a cup of homemade soup to the computer desk, but I really hate crumbs, sticky stuff, or spills on the keyboard, so I tend to go eat somewhere else and then go back to writing. I think the walk from office to table is good for me and keeps the blood flowing. No specific food or beverage turns on my writer switch, although I've been known to keep a bottle of water handy.

How about you? Do you have a "writing" snack?